Sunday 24 October 2010

Sunday Stamper & CCC #18 - Paint Resist

There are so many things you can do with Distress Inks: I love this technique: Paint resist. And all you need to do is look at p37 of Tim Holtz's Compendium of Curiosities and you can love it too! So, this card is for the CC challenge hosted by Linda. And, because I've gone green, it is also for Hels Sunday Stampers challenge: A good reason for leaving the CCC until the last day!  In case you're wondering, after the paint resist technique I flicked water on to the paper to get the spots - I mean deliberately ! - Another technique I love.
Used: Snow Cap Paint Dabber; Hampton Art stamp; Distress Inks (Shabby Shutters, Frayed Burlap).

9 comments:

  1. so pretty, and the little raffia tie really makes it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing card! I will definitely check out the techniques. You did an awesome job on the card. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen, I love this-- it's the very essence of elegance! Your dabber resist looks wonderful, and the colors you used are wonderful. Great idea to use the water droplets-- it enhances the technique all the more. Your art is always lovely, and this is another shining example of your talent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I love that stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty card! Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Shari (cricutrookie)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous indeed, loving those colours you chose... thanks for joinin in with the Sunday sTamper hun x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, very sophisticated and elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job on this. I love the soft coloring of it all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous ~how very creative and so elegant!!
    vanessa xx

    ReplyDelete