Monday 23 June 2008

Hommage to Converse Baseball boots !

I'm flattered to get card requests but seem to end up making some very strange cards! When a friend asked for a 13th birthday card for her daughter and said she was in to 'Converse' it took me back down memory lane remembering I had a similar pair of much-loved baseball boots at that age. So I used a googled image as a basic template and layered up paper and card to create a similar boot. I have embossed the front piece in similar fashion (don't know if that shows in the photo), added the eyelets and ribbon and used white Sakura soufflé for the faux stitching. That seemed to show better than gel pen - I tried both - although it is clear as it goes down. Hope she likes it!

7 comments:

  1. WOW! What a fantastic card!!! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How can she not like it - if she was wanting converse - that is exactly what she is going to get! You did a totally brilliant job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! what an awesome card. very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card and a great idea too

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow its brill. huggs jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is brilliant. A very well done you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, I thought it was a real shoe!!! This card is just amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete