Wednesday 25 June 2008

Matching items

Here's a couple of additional things for items blogged previously, and thanks for the comments made on those and others :)
Firstly, a few weeks ago I made a photo album completely from scratch.I have the inner pages on order (the good old fashioned ones with interleaving) but I have now made the box to house it, which I'm relieved to say fits like a glove! It is quite sturdy as it was reinforced and reinforced before being covered in Scivertex.Secondly, I decorated the front of a note book to match the dinosaur card posted a few days ago.
A little thank you present which I think will be useful. I stuck everything down flat this time, which I wouldn't normally do, but I want it to last.I used the Cuttlekids dies with skivertex and paper pieces again and matched the backing and stamping to the card and, before all that, I put a few drops of the diluting spirit on a bit of sponge and used that with a few drops of 'Bottle' green alcohol ink on the cover of the book. Also glossed the printed name with a Sakura glaze pen.

6 comments:

  1. I love the dinosaur notebook that matches the dinosaur card! You did an awesome job on it...so cute!! I love the album you made. The colors is gorgeous! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabby album and box Karen :) It looks great :) Am loving all of your new creations :)
    shaz x

    ReplyDelete
  3. great work
    loved the album you made and now the box finishes it off really well
    gill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love the photo album!!! Gorgeous!! The Dino journal is fantastic too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job on the album case and also the card and notebook - what a cute set!

    ReplyDelete