Sunday 3 May 2009

Another commission

Oh boy, where did that week go?! I didn't miss that my blog turned 10,000 hits: Thank you all! I promise blog candy is coming soon, as soon as I can get a pic and myself organised.
It was husband's birthday on Tuesday and, of course being the loving wife and card-maker that I am he got a super-duper card? Well no! Being me, I left it to the last minute, got a request for an order in a hurry, mouth said 'Yes' while brain was thinking 'No' and poor hubby got a very rushed card! He liked it though, just wanted to know why the bike I'd stamped was a woman's version? I hadn't noticed!!!
Both papers and the sticker (to which I gave the glitter glue treatment) are Basic Grey 'Cupcake', bike stamp from SeeDs set 'Boys Toys'.
Well the request was from the woman who I'd made the 50th card for so I was thrilled she liked it so much! This one was for a 20th - their son's girlfriend - and I received notes on what to include: Born in Germany, living in Switzerland, speaks English, loves tennis, about to live with her boyfriend nearby to improve her French... I settled on making a little book/card, keeping it fairly flat to get through the post easily. I stuck 6 pieces of Basic Grey 'Cupcake' back-to-back to form the main pages and then glued them together at the spine I created with my Eazi-score board.
I printed the 'storyline' of the card and cut that with Nestabilities, stamped other images and text from Inkadinkado and Hampton Art, coloured with Sakura Stardust and Glaze, added BG 'Cupcake' stickers...I used Jolees stickers for the tennis page, Stampin' Up 'Summer by the Sea' image, which I water-coloured, prima flowers, Anita's gems, and finally......layered the offcuts of paper on the back page, punching with Fiskars 'Threading Water' and Cuttlebug 'Birthday' balloons die. I spent ages getting the balloons on their stalks with the fiddly fake ties on the balloons and really tying them together at the bottom with thread but I'm really pleased with how they came out: That went off on Tuesday for her birthday today: Hope she likes it!

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic birthday cards! They looked like they were so fun to make!! Love the pattern paper on them and the embellishing.. Great job on them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card for a young lady!! Really love the storyline design, the details and the colors! She must have loved it!!
    smiles,Deena

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another set of fantastic cards! You have been very busy!!!

    ReplyDelete