Saturday 18 December 2010

Tim Holtz Tags 4-6

Here's the second installment of my tags following Tim's inspirational examples.
Tag # 4 - I don't have the same paper Tim used or the 'facets' but I used the paint resist technique with Distress inks to create the background and I loved the technique he describes with the alcohol inks and I used a fragment charm for this.




Tag # 5 - The focus technique was enamelled metal but, as I didn't have the metal numerals, I painted and embossed grungeboard numbers instead. I hand-cut the plaque shape and used 'picket fence' crackle paint and coloured this with Distress inks. I used the paint resist technique with distress inks again on the tag and I used the mini set of Christmas stamps,  alcohol inks on 'foliage' and lots of Stickles, white flock and glitter.




Tag # 6 - As I didn't have the same embossing folder or die that were the focus of this tag, I substituted older Cuttlebug designs and used the same techniques.

 If you haven't seen Tim's tags yet (where have you been ???), then you should go see how generous he has been in sharing techniques and ideas, not just for tags but for lots of other things too.

Voici les trois étiquettes #4 – 6 que j'ai créées avec les mêmes techniques chez Tim Holtz.

2 comments:

  1. hi there long time now see
    gorgeous tags love them
    hope you all have a great xmas and a very happy new year
    gill x

    ReplyDelete
  2. that last one looks gorgeous. so do the others, but the last one: yummi yummi! you certainly found some great alternatives!

    ReplyDelete