Sunday 27 February 2011

ArtsyCraft - Meeting Tim Holtz


I have had an amazing week! First, at the Stitches Hobby and Art trade show, seeing what is new: I headed straight to the Sizzix booth to see the Vagabond which I loved! Look at this display, mostly Tim's work: I have the machine and all the new dies and embossing folders on order :)
I met Stacey Caron, who is the founder of Spellbinders, and Jo Channon, who is often on Create and Craft TV, also 'PaperArtsy' Leandra and Mark Franich. Of course, it was a great opportunity to place orders and I have lots and lots of new stock on its way, but that is for later...

Thursday was the ArtsyCraft event: Met so many people, Tim Holtz included. He was lovely, a great teacher and so patient with everyone's demands for photos and autographs. Mario, Tim's personal assistant, was just as lovely: I went to shake hands and got a big hug instead! We started a configuration box in Tim's class and received lots of goodies from Ranger and Tim, including some of the new idea-ology ranges. No photo yet until it is finished.

After lunch was Lin and Leandra's class using more Ranger and idea-ology along with new PaperArtsy products. I finished this project:

One of the best things was meeting people that I had previously only known via the internet but art brings you together: First photo here with the very talented Linda who has been a blogging buddy for some time. She is part of Lin's LB Crafts team who all worked like crazy on the preparation and to ensure all went smoothly on the day. Second photo is with Sally and Bethan both of whom I have met on the All Things Tim Yahoo group, have exchanged emails with and was also delighted to meet. My only regret is that, in our art-filled day, there were some people I didn't get to meet or chat with. I look forward to the next time.

9 comments:

  1. It was sooooooo lovely to finally meet you too Karen ... was n't it just the bestest fun ever!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen- it was so lovely to meet you. Fabulous time. I love the way your project turned out - looks very stylish.

    Hugs
    Valxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow sounds like you had just a wonderful time
    hug from tim holtz eh he seems such a nice bloke
    not that i am bragging but did i tell you i have the vagabond haha i know you know as saw your comment on my blog just pulling your leg
    it was cuttingedgecrafts that got it for me they have been so good to me as i had two bigshot expresses from them and had trouble with both so when the second one died they offered me an exchange for the new vagabond as the other one is discontinued for no extra cost so considering the BS kit only cost me £95 i had a great deal
    it's so much quieter and doesn't seem to struggle with any material i have tried so far anyway just love it
    hope yours comes very soon so you can play too
    take care
    gill xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karen, How lucky your are, i'm sure you had a great time !! And how happy i am to read that new stock is on it's way ;)) Keep us posted !! A bientôt, Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Karen,

    What a lovely photo of you, Bethan and Sally !! So nice to be able to put a face on those familiar names :)

    Thanks for the RAK you sended me :) I recieved it on friday so it was consolation for me, having my thoughts with you all in the UK on thursday and friday !!

    I love the Lawrence Llewelyn-Bowen stuff !
    Some of his papers I bought at the craftshow past year in London ( I was surprised to see he has designed for crafting !), but I didn't have the fabric and metallic ribbons and the cardboard shapes of him.

    The glitter is very fine : how do you use it ? Which glue or adhesive do you use?

    Believe it or not, but I DIDn't have the mask of Tim yet and flowers... I can always find a place for extra flowers:)

    So, thanks a lot for sending me this surprise !!

    greetings from belgium
    Inge

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so lovely to relive the excitement by reading other people's memories of it all! Sorry not to have met you - it was a rotten trick to spread us out over two days.... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Karen!!
    Awesome event wasnt it!!!
    Great to meet you too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wouah karen et tim contente que tu aies passé de bons moments gros bisous

    ReplyDelete