Sunday 27 November 2011

Alcohol inks on foil

Despite my lack of blogging for a while, I've been doing LOTS of crafting and that's included lots of metal work. I promise I will catch up on projects over the next few weeks but, for now, here are a few pieces made using foil on card coloured with alcohol inks. The ornaments were embossed before being coloured and are my entry for Grungy Monday #28 taking inspiration from Tim Holtz beautiful foil covered pumpkin. My ornaments follow the same technique except that I put the foil on to card before embossing it and used a blending tool to apply the alcohol inks.
I'm also entering these to the Crafts 4 Eternity challenge: Christmas decorations.




Just before I started to blog these I saw Sarah's lovely rosette hanging and took inspiration from that to make this little hanging of rosettes. I love how the foil and shiny colours catch the light: Ideal for this time of year.
All of my foil pieces are backed on to the same shimmery green card that I cut the letters from so they are pretty from the back too. For extra shimmer I also covered these letters in Crystal Ice Stickles. I am busy making cards and other bits for a charity sale (le téléthon) next Saturday so these will get added to the mix, hopefully with a few others as they are quick and easy to do.

Materials: Tim Holtz dies: Carved Ornaments, 'Noel' mover and shaper, Mini-rosette, Vintage Market alphabet; Cuttlebug Ornament embossing folder; alcohol inks: Watermelon, Bottle, Citrus; sticky-back foil; Crystal Ice Stickles; Trimcraft Shimmer card.

7 comments:

  1. Bravo, Karen. C'est super joli! Bises.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your embossed design! I have not seen that one before and would love to have that one. Beautiful color as well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look great and so festive! I really love the colours on your rosettes, they turned out fabulous. Thanks for the mention - just glad to create and sometimes inspire! Happy crafting and hope the fairs go really well! Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful and colorful decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning work Karen! Thanks for joining us at C4E this week.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these ornaments and they look amazing on the Christmas tree! I battle with the rosettes, but yours are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous projects! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

    ReplyDelete