Tuesday 18 November 2008

Daring Cardmakers & Friday Sketchers

3 posts in 1 day! I'm exhausted! Friday's Daring Cardmakers challenge was to make a card featuring bird(s) and I followed Friday Sketchers' layout #28, provided by Mumur, to create this. I kept the background plain as there are lots of layers and details on the sketch so I didn't want to overload the card. The stamp is a large one so this is an A5 card. At least that gave me plenty of space to work with. I'm just not happy now about the raffia now: Might have to change that.
Main image coloured with H2Os; bird peel-off coloured with markers, mounted on card and coloured with Distress Inks; other inking round edges and sentiment is Brilliance Cosmic Copper.

8 comments:

  1. Such a lovely card. Love the 3-D effect on the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gorgeous card!! The colors are wonderful and the embellishing is amazing. Love the bird!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG this is totally lovely.
    Fabulous work. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow….such a work of art Karen.
    I love the stamp and colours that you’ve used and I think the raffia looks just fine. It adds extra texture to your card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! Love the fall colors! Love all of the layering and embellished you have on this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW...Merveilleuse carte!!
    Trés beau choix de coloris et trés bel effet 3D.
    Merci pour votre participation à FS.
    Bises, Mumur

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute birdie! thanks for sharing with the Daring Cardmakers!

    ReplyDelete