Wednesday 12 November 2008

Mini-album selection

While off-line I created a few mini-albums as examples for a charity workshop I will be doing. The workshop will only be 2 hours and is aimed mainly at beginners with materials included so I have kept the examples quite simple. I had to convince myself that I could have a group following instructions, making and leaving with something they can feel pleased with inside 2 hours. I want them to be able to choose shape, colour and theme while keeping the instructions basically the same for all: These are all either 12x12 or A4, cut, scored, decorated and then stuck together down the spine with DST. Main issue now is that these seem so sterile without photos and journaling so I think I will make a few in the same style with photos; equally I want people to feel they can make them for presents or add their photos and further decoration at home after the workshop. Without showing you every page, here is a selection. What do you think? I am definitely more a card-maker than scrapper but mini-albums are more popular here than card-making. Any other suggestions ?Used: Cardstock mainly Papermania and The Paper Mill Shop; Papers are mainly Papermania, with some bits from Funky Fairy Papercrafts, Making Cards magazine and unknown make of green/blue spotty paper. Also: Docrafts snowflake punch, Cuttlebug ice crystal and Harmony alphabet, Nestabilities Circles, Craft Creation snowflake border peel-off, Aladine Pram & Snowflake stamps, other baby stamps from SeeDs 'Cute Things' set, Brilliance inks, Diamond Craft large alphabet template set, ribbons and fibres from stash.

3 comments:

  1. What fantastic mini albums!!! I think you did a wonderful job on them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your albums are glorious. Instead of making some more . . do you have some of your old albums / mini books that you could show as examples !?!?!

    I think anyone who attends the class will be chuffed to go away with a mini book of their own.

    Could you suggest everyone brings a selection of small photo's with them to put in the books, so that they fully appreciate what they are making?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You have been busy!! They are all fantastic!! Great work!

    ReplyDelete