Friday 28 May 2010

Vintage page

I have started working on the box of photos I inherited after my mom died (over 9 years ago now). Always on my mind to do a family heritage album, I was finally prompted to do this layout by the beautiful GCD Studios papers 'Ella Blue'. This page is of my mom, nan and aunt in 1946. Sadly, three of my grandparents had already died when I was born and I never knew this grandmother. I don't even have a photo of my paternal grandfather so trying to make sense of the photos I do have is important to me. As my son lost the only grandparent he had when he was just 4 months old I hope they will become important to him too.
I distressed the Bazzill 'sea salt' background with scissors and then white acrylic paint and then stamped and embossed it in white. Some layers of paper and the journaling dots are edged with Distress Ink (Walnut Stain) and I went round the title (Cuttlebug Harmony alphabet) with a brown pen too. Also used EK Success border punch (Scalloped Scallop), paper doily, Prima flowers and Glossy Accents. I'm entering this for the 'Creative Inspirations' challenge #62 'Distressed', the Crafts & Me challenge #5 'Distressed' and The ABC challenge 'V is for Vintage'.
Ma page 'vintage' avec des photos de 1946: Ma mère et ma grand-mère (la grande photo) et avec ma tante (la petite photo). J'ai utilisé Bazzill 'sea salt' et j'ai 'distressé' aux bords et avec la peinture blanche et j'ai tamponnée et embossé avec poudre blanche. J'adore les papiers de GCD Studios (Ella Blue) et j'ai découpé le titre avec la cuttlebug alphabet 'Harmonie'. Egalement, j'ai utilisé l'encre distress (Walnut Stain), perforatrice bordure de EK Success (festonnée), un papier de gâteaux, fleur de Prima et 'Glossy Accents' de Ranger.

6 comments:

  1. Wow, what an amazing page. This is truly a vintage creation. You have done a phenomenal job of creating the beautiful piece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! this is really lovely Karen such a beautiful box that your son can treasure and share with you.
    Thank you for joining crafts and me this week, good luck.
    Luv Teresax

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful. How wonderful to have those photos and be able to make a heritage page like that! Beautiful colors and embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous LO, love all the embellishments too. Thanks for joining us at ABC this time.
    Hugs, Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous page love the LO and your beautiful embellies. Thanks for joining us at the Crafts and Me Challenge this week. luv gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous layout Karen.Thanx for joining us at Crafts and Me.
    (hugs)
    Trish (-:

    ReplyDelete