Saturday 7 February 2009

Mini-albums

One of the styles of mini-album I have been making lately is this 3-fold album where I take a piece of 15 x 30 cm card laid landscape on the Eazi-score board and score at lines 5 & 6, fold this in and repeat to give the folder with spines at each side and a closing flap. I cut another 2 pieces of card slightly narrower and, with the edge against line 1, score at line 5, fold in and repeat twice, cut off excess and stick these inside the main folder. I used ribbon secured under the inner cards to hold it closed and added the patterned paper and photos. I have made some as ready-to-add-photos to sell at a coming craft fair so wanted to do a demo one:I chose our few days camping on the French Ile d'Oleron last summer as the theme. This is how it opens out:You can see the construction here - Very simple. It was sorting out which photos I wanted to use and sizing them that took ages to do - It holds loads more than you'd think a little album would:This is the back page which is a vintage map I found on the net and printed along with the photos. The closed size is A6 (10*15cm / 4 x 6 ").I have no idea who makes the paper or the metal embellishments but the dark card and ribbon are PaperMania, the pale card is Bazzil and the inked edges is with Brilliance Pearlescent Blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment