Saturday, 29 March 2008

Ismaki Challenge #12

Used this week's Ismaki challenge sketch to make a card for my step-daughter's 30th. I was struggling for ideas until I saw the sketch and then it all seemed to come together and I am really pleased with how the little outfit of the reduced version of the backing paper brings the colours together.
Used: Funky Fairy 'blue' collection (2 papers) and printed the 30 on, Pink Pettcoat Lilli image painted with H2Os and 'dressed' with reduced-size Funky Fairy paper overprinted with the image, Tim Holtz' grungeboard painted with black acrylic, Prima's, MM brads and ribbon from my stash. First use of grungeboard and I love it: The flourish painted black looks and feels like leather. It's weird material but great to use.

21 comments:

  1. I'm glad this sketch inspired you! Your card is very elegant with a little touch of humour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful card ! I love the colors and the stamp ! So cute ! Very great work !

    ReplyDelete
  3. superbe carte , tres bon choix de couleurs
    bizz Mu

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is so pretty. Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a nice card!

    t.tiina38

    my blog:
    www.tiina38.vuodatus.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. really funny and looks so wonderful.
    thank for your entry to my sketch

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooooooooh what stunning colours!!!
    love this card ~so girly!!
    vanessa xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card. I love the color!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card....love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wowwwwwwww karen its just soooo pretty, huggs jo x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very beautiful! I love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  12. hi Karen!
    Loved you A4 get well card! I need your advice: I'd like to make a drawing in relief for one of my calligraphies, I think the name is embossing isn't it? I've seen some kits, but only with pre-determined patterns, but what I want is to be free with what I draw in relief... don't know if I'm clear enough... If you ever see what I mean, I'm sure you can tell what I need to buy, and where to find it...? Thankss!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. super sympa ta carte !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is beautiful! I love the color combo!
    Richelle

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sooo cute!! Love the colors!!!

    ReplyDelete