Wednesday 16 April 2008

Ismaki challenge 15

Here is my version of this week’s Ismaki sketch: An A5 size card. It's for the SBS13 swap so close your eyes Linda! I made up the ‘long sentence’ the challenge calls for and it’s in French so I hope it is correct: ‘Sur le voyage, nous sommes tous sœurs’ = On the journey, we are all sisters.

First Hampton Art stamp decoupaged with 2nd layer of the woman. Second Hampton Art stamp uses just a small part of the stamp to give me the 4 squares I needed. These were both stamped with black Brilliance and coloured with Distress inks (Frayed Burlap & Shabby Shutters): Stamped these on to waxed paper and picked up and mixed the colours in a mixture of sponging, painting and dragging the distressed edges through the ink.

Sentiment printed on to pale brown Papermania vellum; green-gold paper from The PaperMill shop, Papermania brad, paper flower also coloured with Distress inks.

33 comments:

  1. Hey

    nice blog

    just hoping you could add my blog to your blogroll and i will do the same for yours. Thanks

    Heres the link

    metsmagicteam.blogspot.com

    thanks

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. tres originale ta carte et tres fin !! superbe
    bizzz Mu

    ReplyDelete
  3. très belle carte elle est très chic !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very good work! i love your stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautiful card with lovely colors and stamp ! Very great work !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this is brilliant. Stunning card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Terrific! I love the little squares. I had trouble knowing what to put in mine. Yours are so wonderful with your image.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love this one Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh, I love this card Karen - that stamp is so versatile

    ReplyDelete
  10. Très belle interprétation

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very beautiful vintage look !

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a stunning card! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. very nice card

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very very nice !

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card!!! I love everything about it! The colors are great! The theme is fantastic!!! The layout is wonderful! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. superbe carte j'adore. Bises chatdoro

    http://chatdoro.canalblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card Karen and such an apt sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow very stunning , jo x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful and elegant card, fabulous stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  20. karen this card is so elegant!! linda will love it!!
    vanessa xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Terrific card! Very elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Stunning I love this card :-) I have the main stamp and love her.

    :-) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow this is stunning Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. I swear I did not peek...it arrived safely today and is even more divine in hand, thank you.
    I mailed your card today, I hope you like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. A really gorgeous card Karen!! x

    ReplyDelete
  26. WOW!! Just gorgeous - great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. did you receive the card I sent you? I haven't heard if you liked it or not

    ReplyDelete